- Manual on implementing and sustaining continuous quality improvement efforts
- Pad of 50 tear-off sheets of the Client Feedback Survey
- Pad of 25 tear-off sheets of the Carey Guides Case Audit Tool
- Pad of 25 tear-off sheets of the Carey Guides Direct Observation Tool
The Carey Guides Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) Kit enhances the effective use of the Carey Guides through a deliberate and organized CQI effort. The purposes of this effort are to:
- Determine the degree to which the Carey Guides are used in the manner in which they are intended
- Identify agency and staff strengths (e.g., processes that are working effectively, advanced knowledge and skill level of staff, etc.)
- Identify areas in need of improvement
- Provide staff with specific and direct feedback in order to support incremental improvements in their skills and/or the use of the Carey Guides
- Identify enhancements to existing processes and structures (e.g., additional training, increased oversight by supervisors, etc.) that will support the greater achievement of agency goals.
The Carey Guides CQI Kit includes three specific tools to improve outcomes derived from the use of the Carey Guides:
Client Feedback Survey: Measures the perceptions of clients regarding the usefulness of a session during which a Carey Guide worksheet is used
Carey Guides Case Audit Checklist: Measures the degree to which the Carey Guides are used under appropriate circumstances (e.g., appropriate Guides/tools are used based on risk/needs assessment)
Carey Guides Direct Observation Checklist: Measures the degree to which staff are using the Carey Guides as intended and the extent to which staff incorporate core correctional practices (e.g., building professional alliance, the use of skill practice and role modeling, etc.) in their use.
The manual that accompanies these tools describes each tool’s purpose, recommended method of administration, and suggested frequency of use.